Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ready for school

Whatever happened to the day when you could buy some pencils and a Trapper Keeper and be ready for school? I have finally finished Collins back-to-school list put out by the teachers from each grade. Wow....it is expensive!! And we haven't even bought any clothing yet! Kaden is still being "processed" to see if he can attend preschool this year. The district wanted $1500.00 for preschool which we don't have and I wouldn't pay anyways. I was talking with a former teacher (our insurance agent now) and she said that with his medical issues, he should qualify to go for free under the special ed program. I have filled out all the paperwork and am now waiting for them to call with a decision or more questions. Even if he does get accepted, we don't know if he will even be able to go to Collins school, which is about 1/2 mile from home. I may have to drive him about 6 miles into town. We went to school yesterday to have his vision and hearing screenings and he failed the vision test, so I have to take him to the eye Dr next Monday. We also have to go to Children's Hospital of Dallas Monday to have another swallow study done.

I have decided to tackle more painting in the house. For those that don't know, we bought a brand new house last year which means that every room in the house was off white builders paint, which is awful! You scrub fingerprints off it once and it turns to a powder. We got the kitchen, breakfast area, living and dining rooms and entryway done a few months ago then ran out of steam. I got to the point a few days ago that I could not possibly wash the fingerprints off the stairway anymore or I would be down to just drywall. The problem I am running into is that our stairway is VERY tall. I borrowed Martha's extension ladder today to hopefully get me to the top when I resume tomorrow. Did I mention that I hate to paint and am not fond of ladders??? I will post pictures of the finished project when I am done.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I can't believe it is almost time for school to start already!! It is crazy how expensive everything is these days and everything that they "need" for school! I hope you hear something soon for Kaden.