Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kaden's GI appointment

Kaden had an appointment on Monday with GI. They are very concerned about his weight gain, or lack thereof. He has actually lost 4 pounds since he was there 3 months ago. I happened to think their scale was off, so I had him weighed again today at feeding therapy, and it was right. He is currently at about 34.5 pounds, which means the scale at the pediatricians office is off. Anyways, because of this, I have put him back on at least 2 tube feedings during the day. He was only getting them during the night, but apparently has not been taking in as much calorie wise during the day as I thought. I was really hoping to avoid the tube use during the day because it makes him less hungry and not wanting to eat. It's so frustrating sometimes!! I have to weigh him weekly and report back to the GI Dr if there is no weight gain or any weight loss in any given week. We are still on the waiting list for the intensive feeding therapy at Baylor, they are thinking sometime in June.

No comments: