Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween already???

Wow, I am WAY behind on this. I guess I forget because almost everyone I know is on Facebook now and I post updates and pics there.

The summer FLEW by and the boys started school at the end of August. Kaden got the same teacher he had as his pre-k teacher, which I was thrilled about (she was bumped to kindergarten!). I LOVE her and their personalities fit well together. He is doing very well academically. He has grown so much from the first day of school it's unbelievable! I am still looking for a job and have every afternoon free, so I spend 2 hours every day in his classroom helping out with the literacy small groups. I get to see each child in the classroom in groups of 4 or 5 and complete a lesson in reading, rhyming, sight words, etc. It is actually fun and I really enjoy it....I just wish I could get paid for it!

Collin is doing very well in school, as he always does. We started him in baseball this fall and he loves it. He falls into the 9 year old age bracket, so it is player pitch ball. Unfortunately, our fall here has been unbelievable wet and he has only had 3 1/2 of the 8 games he is supposed to have played, and just about as many practices. He is bummed, but the weather report today said that there should be no more rain for a while! Hopefully the fields will dry out and we can get some of the missed games in. We are excited to see him develop in this area and can't wait for spring ball and maybe even get a tournament team put together!

The boys were excited to have both grandmas here for a few days last week. Gini and Dorrie came down so that Gini could go to the Houston quilt show with some cousins and Dorrie came along to spend time with us. We really enjoyed their visit and wish grandma Dorrie could come more often. Grandma Gini and Grandpa Russ were here for about a week in early September and will be here again for a few weeks over Thanksgiving. We really enjoy having their company, even if they do kick our butts in Rotten Rummy!! :)

Things have been pretty slow for Jack at work lately and I am still looking for a job. Therefore, we don't know if we will be able to make the trip to MI for Christmas this year. It won't be all bad though because Jack has not made the Christmas trip with us for the past 2 years so we will be able to spend Christmas as a family this year. I'm all for anyone that wants to come spend Christmas here with us!! Last year, I do believe it was 75 here Christmas day!!



Collin and Kaden...1st day of school


Kaden playing in the rain


Collin catching during a game


Batter up!


Pumpkins 2009





No comments: